The 2nd Vice President is an officer on the DC Area Phi Beta Kappa Association Board, and is responsible for coordinating the association’s monthly programming for general membership in collaboration with event sponsors. The 2nd Vice President is NOT responsible for overseeing the programming related to the young professionals network, the book club, or the mentorship program.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Attending quarterly meetings of the DC Area PBK Board, which typically occur on Saturdays from 2pm-5pm (or 10am-1pm) in the Phi Beta Kappa National Headquarters Building.
- Coordinating monthly programs for general membership. Examples include tours of museums, lectures, and parties. In particular, the 2nd Vice President is responsible for planning the four largest events for general membership every year: the annual holiday party in December, the Spring Fling in April, the Annual Meeting in June, and Key Connections in the fall. This may include selecting venues, reaching out to potential speakers, and purchasing supplies with DCPBK funds.
- Marketing and promoting monthly programs, which includes collaborating with the newsletter coordinator to populate the monthly newsletter with content, with the social media coordinator to publicize events on social media channels, setting up RSVP portals and event descriptions through the website, and drafting post-event summaries for the newsletter.
- Developing budgets, managing costs, and tracking payments for programs when necessary, and helping to arrange transportation/directions when necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the President.
- Member of the DC Area PBK association in good standing
- Prior experience with planning events for groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
This is a volunteer position and will remain open until filled.