1901 E. 4th St.
EncoreOC Fellowship Program
OneOC is proud to offer EncoreOC Fellowships throughout Orange County! As an EncoreOC Fellow, you will connect with a local nonprofit in meaningful & purposeful service to help address unmet community needs. During the 8-week program, you will fulfill critical project-based assignments that will bolster the infrastructure of the nonprofit at which you are serving.
Company Background: OneOC - Encore Fellowship Program with Mary’s Shelter, Santa Ana
The mission of Mary’s Shelter is to empower and equip vulnerable teen mothers and their babies for lives of dignity, hope, and self-sufficiency.
Term of Volunteer Service: September 2017 through December 2017
Hours of Volunteer Service: 15 hours per week for 8 weeks (Virtual and Onsite)
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity
Position: EncoreOC Fellows are highly-skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and professional background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply, and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks:
· Community Outreach and Public Relations: The Fellow will be an advocate for Mary’s Shelter through community engagement. Mary’s Shelter is currently in the process of changing its name to Mary’s Path, and needs assistance with rebranding and outreach.
· Development: Tasks may involve cultivating relationships with potential donors or assistance in the grant-writing process (i.e., researching grantors or writing grants).
· Community Relations
· Media Relations
· Opportunity to make a significant difference in the mission of an Orange County nonprofit
· Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
· Networking opportunities
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an EncoreOC Fellow, the candidate must meet all eligibility requirements below, including but not limited to:
· Commit to the project-based assignment and position timeline
· Agree to and clear a criminal background check
How to Apply:
You may also apply directly to the EncoreOC Fellowship by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and why you would be a good fit to Abby Edmunds at email@example.com