Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
12 Tenney Way
Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program (MCHPP) runs a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for youth in the area. Lunches are made ahead of time at Mt. Ararat Middle School in Topsham and driven to the different meal sites. Which include but are not limited to: Curtis Memorial Library, MAMS, and Perryman Village.
Volunteers are needed to drive the lunches from Mt. Ararat Middle School to the different lunch sites around Brunswick and Topsham.
- Transport food and supplies from meal preparation location (Mt. Ararat Middle School in Topsham) to assigned site(s), using their own vehicle (unless transporting meals to the Lisbon sites, in which case MCHPP can provide a small van)
- Return empty coolers to meal preparation location as per requested by MCHPP Staff.
- Ensure food safety by following MCHPP guidelines.
- Familiarity with Brunswick/Topsham area
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance
- Excellent driving record, and reliable vehicle large enough to transport several coolers
- Ability to work alone
- Punctuality and reliability
- Training for deliveries includes an orientation to the program by a staff member, and shadowing another volunteer Delivery Driver
- Training for all SFSP volunteers includes an SFSP orientation session, which provides information on Summer Food Service Program guidelines, scheduling, food safety, and other policies and procedures.
- Shifts generally occur in the late morning on weekdays, with the shift length dependant on the distance from Mt. Ararat Middle School to meal site(s).
- SFSP runs annually from mid-June through mid-August, and volunteers can help out as many times per week as they wish.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more information about SFSP reach out to Mary Sasso, SFSP Coordinator, at email@example.com or 207-725-2716 ext 307.
However, all new Volunteers will have to fill out an application at mchpp.org/volunteer. For more information contact Heather Arvidson, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-725-2716 ext 305.