Volunteer Medical Director, Hillside Clinic (Belize)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Hillside Health Care International
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Hillside Health Care International is actively searching for a family medicine /general practitioner/internist to serve for 1 – 2 years as volunteer Medical Director at our clinic in southern Belize. Two terms are available: December 2018 and December 2019.
Hillside Health Care International is a non-profit dedicated to providing health care and disease prevention to the people of the Toledo District. HHCI operates a year-round clinic and provides educational practice rotations to international and US medical, physical therapy, pharmacy, and public health students and residents. Hillside volunteers use their skills to provide vital patient care while helping students gain invaluable professional development and skill enhancement. On weekends, they explore Belize’s unique and popular destinations.
The Medical Director is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. The Medical Director has primary responsibility for the provision of patient care and the educational program for Medical, Physician Assistant, and Pharmacy students. This position works in close collaboration with the Clinic Director regarding all aspects of the provision of services, clinical, and educational programs. The Medical Director maintains a supportive, professional, and collaborative leadership role with all other Directors, volunteers, staff and Board of Directors. The Medical Director is one of HHCI’s key representatives in Belize and maintains a respectful and collaborative relationship with the Belizean community and, in particular, Belize’s Ministry of Health. Learn more at https://www.hillsidebelize.org/.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Licensed primary care physician in country of origin, qualified for licensure in Belize
- Experience and skills precepting students
- International healthcare experience is desirable.
- Leadership and administrative experience desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail. Experience using video conferencing a plus.
- Commitment of 2-3 years is desirable.
- Living expense stipend
- Housing is available for the Medical Director and their family, if applicable
- 4 weeks’ vacation per year
- Visa, work permit, and licensing processing costs and assistance
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Learn more at https://www.hillsidebelize.org/.
Submit Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Interest by August 1, 2018 to:
Joenell Henry-Tanner, Executive Director
Hillside Health Care International