Homeless Veteran Outreach Coordinator - Partnership with The Mission Continues
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Vets Advocacy
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
10250 Constellation Boulevard
We are a privately funded 501(c)3 focused on improving wellbeing and ending homelessness in Los Angeles’ Veteran community through advocacy efforts that unify key stakeholders strategically in order to galvanize political will at local, state and national levels.
You have to be eligible for The Mission Continues fellowship (which is available to post-9/11 veterans only) to apply for this position. See below for information regarding The Mission Continues
How To Apply
We are seeking an Outreach Coordinator to collaborate with the Director of Outreach in conducting community outreach and engagement to fulfill our mission. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, evolving, and fluid environment in which good judgment, strong organization, strategic thinking, and policy innovation are prized.
A Day at Work:
- Administer landlord engagement events every other month for the HUD-VASH program, including scheduling, setting up, and closing out such events, inviting landlords, tracking RSVPs, follow-up, and tracking.
- Help manage email and social media campaigns.
- Provide administrative and organizational support and assistance to the Director of Outreach, including attending outreach meetings and engaging with stakeholders and constituencies.
- Provide other support and assistance to the organization as needed and appropriate.
Required Skills or Qualifications
- Associates Degree
- Organization and administration experience (2+ preferred)
- Ability to think strategically, be extremely organized, be responsive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and implement tasks after being provided vision and goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team player on a small team.
- Familiarity with housing and homelessness issues
Preferred Skills or Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and interest in social work and/or public policy
- Familiarity with VA agency and programs for homeless veterans a plus
About The Mission Continues
The Mission Continues is a national nonprofit organization that empowers veterans who are adjusting to life at home to find purpose through community impact. Their operations in cities across the country deploy veteran volunteers alongside non-profit partners and community leaders to solve some of the most challenging issues facing our communities: improving community education resources, eliminating food deserts, mentoring at-risk youth and more. Through this unique model, veterans build new skills and networks that help them successfully reintegrate to life after the military while making long-term, sustainable transformations in communities and inspiring future generations to serve.
To find out more about The Mission Continues please visit: https://www.missioncontinues.org/