Passionate about financial inclusion and good grammar? Be a team leader!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Kiva Microfunds
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Kiva’s Review and Translation Program relies on over 375 volunteers to edit, translate, and thoroughly review loan profiles from around the world. Kiva Loan Review Team Leaders cultivate team engagement and harness the skills of Kiva’s dedicated volunteers, who review Kiva’s borrower stories through an innovative crowdsourcing model. They provide leadership, motivation, and support to a diverse, multicultural, and global community of volunteers in order to keep loans flowing from the field to the Kiva website. They foster connections between the volunteer community and Kiva headquarters. This is a remote volunteer position.
Loan Review Team Leaders act as a first line of support for editors and translators to keep Kiva’s processes efficient and sustainable. They craft customized updates and develop creative approaches to strengthen team engagement.They maintain regular email contact with team members to field basic questions, provide guidance, and solve problems. They promote the use of Kiva’s loan review resources and escalate policy and technical questions to Kiva staff.
Loan Review Team Leaders help shape the future of the Review and Translation Program at Kiva. They exchange ideas and perspectives with other team leaders and Kiva staff in regularly scheduled conference calls. They also help develop, document, and share best practices for team leaders.
A successful candidate will have these essential skills and qualities:
- Native-level English fluency
- Can commit to 4-6 hours a week for 13 months
- Is a strong communicator and supremely organized
- Can forge effective working relationships with remote colleagues
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment
- Enjoys establishing and reaching targets, both for themselves and for their team
- Has mature judgment and can work with little supervision
- Is comfortable with internet, email, basic word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Location: Anywhere, but must be able to accommodate evening conference calls in the Pacific time zone
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers