A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
80 Maple Avenue
The mission of Gilda's Club Westchester (GCW) is to create welcoming communities of free support for everyone living with cancer – men, women, children and teens -- along with their families and friends. Gilda's Club Westchester offers individual and family counseling, special time-limited support programs, lectures and workshops, and social events. Our innovative programs are an essential complement to medical care.
Reporting to the Program and Evaluation Coordinator, the Volunteer Arts Coordinator will interface with Gilda’s Club participants, staff, volunteers and the professional community. This volunteer position manages arts related programs for members of Gilda’s Club Westchester. Utilizing his/her arts background and skills, the Volunteer Arts Coordinator will provide a quality arts program in full compliance with GCW policies and procedures.
· Further develops current art programs offered at Gilda’s Club Westchester. Identifies new classes and workshops to add to the existing program, and recruits, trains and oversees volunteers to facilitate these classes and workshops.
· Plans and facilitates 1-4 art classes/workshops per month.
· Communicates regularly with the Program and Evaluation Coordinator regarding status of the arts program.
· Background in arts as well as program development (i.e. art therapist, art teacher, artist).
· Experience teaching art classes.
· An understanding of the cancer experience -- for those diagnosed; their families and the bereaved.
· Demonstrates sensitivity and commitment to the GCW mission, core values and program.
· 1-3 hours per week required.
How To Apply
Please send inquiries and resumes to Jen Scully, Director of Program Administration.