Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Start up theater development company seeks a super talented development star who wants to be involved in local community theater.
Status: 5 hours a week
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: as needed, occasional evening events
About XYKLEMA PRODUCITONS:
We are a start-up who focuses on createing or re-imainging work with a social, political, or local perspective. It’s an exciting time to lend your expertise to the Xyklema as we embark on the maiden voyage!
Volunteer Position Overview:
Working with Executive Director, Board members, funders, and partners you will expand your network, deepen your impact in Washington, DC, and be exposed to some of today’s preeminent phlanthropists by increasing revenue for Xyklmea. We are looking for a dynamic and energetic individual help launch us into a fruitful first season.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for organizing a major fundraising event, meet and greets and table readings.
The 2018 season will feature two plays:
All female and Transgender production of The Importance of Being Earnest
A local play about two communities, one white and one black in the 1960's divided by a bridge that has been fought over for 100 years.
- Organize, manage, and implement mailing list, events and fundraising efforts.
- Regularly update donors
- Solicit corporate and individual donors by scheduling meetings and sending letters to donors and prospects;
- Maintain online donation related content.
- Write acknowledgment letters
The successful volunteer will be:
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and programs of Xyklema and community created theater
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization with excellent relationship management skills
- A strong track record of organizing large events
- Ability to be highly organized and maintain a calendar of event planning
- Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment and to act tactfully
- Excellent communicator and positive collaborator
- Familiarity working with Raiser’s Edge, or similar donor software.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sense of humor and enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Proven ability to think outside the box and bring creative and innovative new ideas to a team
Job Type: Volunteer
How To Apply
Why do you want to join Xyklema? Are you a frustrated actor? Did you play Peter Pan in high school and are looking to reconnect to your theatrical roots? Have you ever wanted to be in the wings, creating theater that is fresh, controversal and exciting? Tell us your story!