Reading! Arts & Crafts! Oh my! Volunteer with kiddos in our Child Development Center!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Jeremiah Program Austin
A few hours per week
Welcome to the Jeremiah Program!
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for transforming families from poverty to prosperity two generations at a time. Jeremiah prepares determined single mothers to excel in the workforce, readies their children to succeed in school, and reduces generational dependence on public assistance.
We are in need of volunteers who are interested in working with children ranging in ages from infant to pre-K in our onsite Child Development Center during the week. Volunteers have the opportunity to work alongside our amazing teachers in their classrooms helping to engage children in activities such as reading, arts & crafts, and active play that promote their cognitive, social, and emotional development.
- Minimum 6 month commitment preferred
- Volunteer for at least one 3 hour shift per month (9 - 12 pm or 3 - 6 pm)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 12 years of age volunteering with a parent or guardian
- Attend general one hour volunteer orientation with Volunteer Coordinator
- Pass a background check
- Love working with children. Childcare or education experience a plus!
- Adhere to program philosophy and guidelines (empowerment, professionalism, confidentiality).
If you are interested in volunteering with us please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Jessica Van Roekel at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an orientation.
For more volunteer opportunities please visit our website at jeremiahprogram.org/austin/
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers