Times of day
A few hours per month
31 West 34th Street
Thank you for answering our ad!
To learn more about Maya's Hope, go to www.mayashope.org.
We are having a silent auction at our black tie gala on Friday, October 26th. We are in need of a visual merchandiser to set up our silent auction on a tight schedule.
If you have what it takes, please read on.
Visual merchandisers are in charge of creating attractive visual displays. You use your creativity to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the silent auction display.
The main objective of visual merchandising is to increase sales and buyer attention, capitalizing on the human tendency to "browse."
Visual Merchandiser Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehend each product’s specific features and create plans to boost its image
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling manner to attract bidders
- Produce design ideas for displays
- Create and install special displays to promote specific products
- Acquire display materials and props by creating and maintaining liaison with procurement managers and vendors and suppliers
- Determine effective use of space and lighting
- Ascertain that bidding sheets and other details are clearly visible on each item
- Lead and motivate merchandising teams to complete displays in a time efficient manner
- Dress mannequins
- Maintain inventory of supplies and tools used in handling merchandising activities and ensure that all dismantled displays are appropriately stored
We would love to have you part of the Lotus Ball!
- International Volunteers