Howell Living History Farm
70 Woodens Lane
Howell Living History Farm, a Mercer County Park located in Lambertville, New Jersey, interprets farm life at the turn of the 20th century. In operation for over 30 years, Howell Farm is a living history museum, historic site and working farm where school groups and visitors learn about life on a farm by actively participating in its operation. Over 60,000 visitors come to the Farm annually to take part in the seasonal programs based on farming schedules.
Howell Farm seeks a Volunteer Historical Farmer to assist in overall maintenance of a historical farm. The historical farmer will work with the director, farm manager, assistant manager of farming, restoration carpenter/farmer, other staff, and volunteers. Opportunities include:
· Farm in ways representative of the 1890-1910 period to farm 45 tillable acres on a 130-acre historical site.
· Teach children visiting the farm about the operations, making sure they are learning and having fun
· Background in agriculture
· Carpentry Skills
· Physical labor of any kind
· Mowing Lawns
· Animal Experience (chickens, sheep, pigs, horses, and oxen are all present on our farm)
***Volunteers cannot work directly with equipment, their role is to support other farmers with everyday tasks