Become a leader of a life-changing Tai Chi health program for older adults in LA!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Partners in Care Foundation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
732 Mott Street
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County. Our Health Self-Management Services Department is dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a "Tai Chi Leader" you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and enhance psychological health.
We are seeking individuals who are available to facilitate one of the following workshops:
West Hollywood: Mondays & Fridays @ 9:30-10:30am
Hollywood: Mondays & Wednesdays @ 11:15am-12:15pm
Mid-City: Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 9:00-10:00am
Additional workshop opportunities in Los Angeles county may be available.
Each Tai Chi workshop is 10 weeks in length and meets for 2 sessions per week.
Attending the following leader training is mandatory, and will be arranged and paid for by Partners in Care Foundation (travel and accommodations not compensated):
October 2nd - 3rd (Tue/Wed)
Los Angeles, CA
Abilities and Requirements:
- Comfort speaking and performing physical activity in front of groups
- Access to reliable transportation; Driver’s License Required
- Commitment to attending training and leading at least three workshops
- Must be at least 18
- Training provided at no cost to volunteer
- Per diem provided upon workshop completion
How to Apply:
- Training Provided