AmeriCorps VISTA Rehabilitation and Reentry Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by South Cumberland AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Join the South Cumberland VISTA Program as the Rehabilitation, Recovery and Re-Entry Coordinator with the Grundy County Tennessee Sheriff's Office located in Altamont, TN. The Re-Entry Coordinator will serve with the jail to expand and strengthen programs focused on reducing the inmate recidivism rate for the jail. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will coordinate job training and financial management courses for inmates, along with GED courses for both male and female inmates. The VISTA will work to secure funding for re-entry programs through grant writing and partnership development. The VISTA coordinator will also develop a recovery network for inmates throughout the service area.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Developing a resource manual documenting resources available for prisoners and ex-offenders through agencies and community organizations.
- Developing a reporting mechanism for evaluating and tracking program results.
- Researching, developing and outlining best practices of existing re-entry programs with promising results
- Interviewing staff, inmates and community organizations involved in recovery and re-entry programs to develop a best practice report
- Developing an employment-focused re-entry program for inmates at the County Jail
- Research and develop funding opportunities for program sustainability and recidivism reduction.
- Collaborating with Sheriff's Office staff to write grants for re-entry funding
The South Cumberland Plateau VISTA Project is a unique partnership between the University of the South: Sewanee, the South Cumberland Community Fund and the project's community partners. The Rehabilitation, Recovery and Re-Entry Coordinator will commit one year serving full time with the Sheriff’s Office. Seeking tech savvy, highly motivated individual with excellent writing and communication skills able to work in a team and collaborate across programs. Experience with the criminal justice field preferred. Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree is required.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Please include a resume when applying.