Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security.
Role brief: Serving as a key member of the Fundraising team, this role will be responsible for researching and analyzing fundraising strategies in an effort to grow, evaluate, and prioritize the organization’s fundraising efforts. This will include developing and executing fundraising campaigns, researching strategies for growing community and engagement, and identifying potential major gift donors among other responsibilities. This is an unpaid, volunteer role reports that to the Fundraising Program Manager.
- Researching and analyzing fundraising strategies to help grow and promote the organization.
- Developing, executing and supporting in the development of fundraising campaigns.
- Communicating with new fundraising prospects to expand Haiti Now’s presence.
- Supporting the Fundraising Program Manager in identifying and building processes to trach and report on funding.
- Working on special projects as applicable that will support the advancement of Haiti Now’s development goals.
- Updating social media posts.
- Following up with prospective donors.
- Participating in meetings with the Fundraising team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing and/or Public Relations background preferred
- Basic knowledge or interest in the field of nonprofit fundraising/development
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 5 – 10 hrs per week
- Demonstrated ability to write successful social media and marketing content with clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Proficient with Facebook functionality, including fundraising and analytics
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important