A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
INKspire is a non-profit organization that strives to empower youth voices by providing a curated web platform where young people can share their ideas and perspectives on various relevant and contemporary issues across Canada and around the world.
Do you know what makes a story worth sharing? Do you believe in inspiring and educating through written articles?
INKspire is looking for passionate, well-informed youth editors to work with our editorial team. Reporting to the lead editor, the editor will moderate and edit submissions posted to our site.
- Work closely with our editorial team and lead editor to provide revisions and feedback to INKspire’s writers
- Edit articles from our users and community partners by reading and detecting errors in grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Evaluate suitability and validity of articles for publication and recommend changes in content, style, and organization to ensure consistency amongst articles and alignment to INKspire’s brand
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong command of the English language with exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of INKspire’s content
- Strong passion for and experience in Journalism, Writing, Publishing, Online Media, Current Global Affairs, or any other related field
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail
- Demonstrated efficient time management skills
The successful volunteer will work remotely from home for 4-6 hours a week.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Upload your materials in the link provided!