Communications Committee - Volunteer Team Members
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Junior Board for Children of Bellevue
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
462 1st Avenue
Come join our Junior Board at Children of Bellevue! We are looking for members for our Communications Committee. Expected time commitment is about 5 hours per month depending on activities we are working on.
Details on the role, Junior Board (JB), and Children of Bellevue (CoB) are below. Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss further or have any questions.
- Help maintain all social media accounts for CoB. Ensure regular and meaningful posts.
- Create monthly plan for posts for various social media outlets.
- Identify which updates from the CoB office should be posted to social media for further engagement of the wider community.
- For each volunteering and fundraising event, work with the appropriate JB lead organizing the event to create a social media strategy. The social media strategy will outline a timeline for promoting the event and how often, as well as thank you posts, post-event. Social media strategy will also outline ownership and intended content for these communications.
- Keep record of the Junior Board’s outreach list in a spreadsheet or upload to MailChimp.
- Ensure that the right email distribution is utilized when advertising Junior Board related events by email.
- Drafting, getting approval from CoB Office and Co-chairs, and distributing monthly newsletter (recruitment, upcoming events, past events, etc).
- Maintain JB MailChimp list. Define right opportunities for email blasts to JB MailChimp.
- Coordinate and assign owner for “Thank You” emails post volunteering, fundraising events, and donations. Approve content of email template.
About the Junior Board
The Junior Board of Children of Bellevue is a passionate group of young professionals dedicated to volunteering their time, talents, and energy to support and promote the critical issues and efforts of Children of Bellevue. The JB’s main goal is to raise visibility of Children of Bellevue among young professionals and across social media and to increase and broaden CoB's fundraising base. The JB's young professionals ranging from early 20s to late 30s use their energy, fresh ideas, skills, and expanded networks to focus on fundraising through social events and volunteering. Finally, the JB works to cultivate the next generation of leaders committed to CoB and serving the children in our community.
About Children of Bellevue
As background, Children of Bellevue (CoB) is a non-profit organization at Bellevue Hospital, the oldest public hospital in the U.S. Our mission is to initiate, fund, and implement special programs that improve the health, well-being, and development of more than 25,000 children and teens who visit our hospital each year. Children need more than medicine to thrive. The special attention and support that Children of Bellevue provides to these families is only possible through the support of our donors.
How To Apply
Please email me for further details.