- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Washington DC and surrounding area
Do you have a passion for defending and strengthening democracy?
Have you ever wanted to help start a nonprofit that will make a positive impact in America and the world?
Want a great volunteer experience that still gives you time for school and extracurricular activities?
Want to put your workshop marketing & organizing skills to the test?
Join Us at the Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy!
The Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy (CFFAD) is a new non-profit in formation. We help educate citizens ages 18 and up about the benefits of representative democracy, the foundations of trust in representative democracy, and the role of citizens in defending their democracies. We intend that our efforts, along with those of many others, will help contribute to a reversal of emerging anti-establishment and anti-democratic trends, so that our policy makers can devote more time to constructively solving the pressing problems in front of us.
CFFAD is seeking talented workshop/training coordinators for unpaid volunteer positions who can play a central role in marketing and organizing CFFAD workshops, workshop training, and other events across the USA. These works can be delivered electronically or in-person. In-person workshops can be delivered by CFFAD staff or by trained members of an external organization or community. Volunteers may be organized by region.
- Work closely and in coordination with the President, Directors, media and marketing volunteers, and other volunteers to market and organize the delivery of CFFAD workshops, workshop training, and other events;
- Work with potential clients to determine their interests and needs, coordinate with content writing/design volunteers who can tailor workshops as needed, and fundraising volunteers;
- Identify and recruit potential instructors and partner organizations who can amplify CFFAD’s outreach and/or help CFFAD become more effective; and,
- Develop metrics to track progress in delivering workshops; i.e., quantity delivered electronically vs in-person, client characteristics, geographic scope, client satisfaction, how many clients are actively engaged in constructive follow-up activities, implementing action plans.
“My experience interning with FFAD couldn’t have been better. I felt like my ideas were making a difference in the direction of the Center, and that gave me a real stake in the organization and its mission. Moreover, I learned new skills while feeling like I was doing something for the greater good.”
- 2018 Volunteer
- Willingness and ability to prioritize the mission of CFFAD;
- A minimum of two years prior experience in reaching out to a wide variety of communities and organizations to market a product or organization;
- Educational experience may be substitute for work experience on a one to one basis;
- Desirable but not mandatory: a degree or certificate in Event Planning, Marketing or similar field;
- Prior experience in training or workshop development and delivery;
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, entrepreneurial spirit; and
- Ability and commitment to working with a team from diverse backgrounds.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communication skills: listening, speaking, and writing;
- Ability to multi-task, plan and deliver multiple events; and,
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Requirements & Commitment
- Strong commitment to non-partisan behavior while assisting or representing CFFAD;
- Ability to attend initial orientation or training; and,
- Willingness to remotely volunteer 5-15 hours per week via email and other forms of electronic communication.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please apply at email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are interested in volunteering for, why you are interested, what you hope to contribute, how many hours you can work per week and when, what you hope to learn while at CFFAD, and references from your three most recent volunteer or employee positions. Please also include a resume or CV. Students and recent graduates should please include a PDF of their cumulative GPA. You are most welcome to submit any samples of work you are especially proud of.