- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Project Management for Change (PM4C)
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Our mission at Project Management for Change is to unleash the boundless potential of the PM profession to empower and transform communities around the world. We do this through pro-bono support by professional project managers of non-profit organizations’ most pressing world-changing initiatives. This pro-bono support is provided at our signature “Project Management Day of Service” (PMDoS) events around the world, and also on a continuous basis to help focus on the right projects, and to help see those projects through to completion.
· Create targeted messages highlighting value of of managing and supporting the PMDoS event
· Monitor effectiveness of marketing campaign
· Promote PMDoS to potential volunteers, nonprofits, and sponsors through multiple media formats (social media, email, newsletters, website, etc.) with other teams
· Provide guiding messaging material for the team to pass on to their networks
· Monitor and ensure consistent messaging
· Promote PMDoS sponsors through: newsletters, flyers, social media, websites, blogs, email, ads
· Oversee website messaging and content alignment
Desired Skills & Experience:
· 2-3 years managerial or leadership experience.
· Experience working in marketing or communications teams
· Excellent creative and business writing skills, able to communicate in an engaging and persuasive fashion across various forms of written media.
· Previous PMDoS PMO and/or Event Day experience a plus.
· Excellent oral communication skills, able to convey the PMDoS mission to key stakeholders with clarity and passion.
· Excellent proofreading skills.
· Proven experience of strategic thinking including identifying, analyzing, problem-solving and responding to internal and external opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
· Ability to lead and work collaboratively and support others in the development and implementation of agreed strategies within team and wider organizational contexts.
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work well with others.
· Collaborate on projects as both a team leader and a team member.
· Must possess initiative and creativity; a highly developed work ethic.
· Ability to make presentations to groups of varying sizes.
Note: Most meetings are teleconferences, with monthly F2F in various locations in the DMV
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please share resume & contact info