Times of day
A few hours per week
1410 Olympic Way Southeast
Diabetes Canada has partnered up with the Kinsmen Club of Calgary for the Kinsmen Wheels Lottery! Calgary Kinsmen provide services by raising money for the most needed projects and the community including local programs and charities such as Diabetes Canada. Kinsmen Wheels is a combination of six different vehicle raffles sold all over the park during the Calgary Stampede.
How can you help?! We are looking for volunteer sellers and printers! All volunteers get passes to the Stampede grounds for free! So come on down early or stay late to enjoy the show! This will be an excellent opportunity for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to provide their support to the community, while working collaboratively with the Community Engagement team.
· For sellers, greet and persuade park goers to purchase tickets
· Sellers to direct ticket purchasers to printing booths
· For printers, welcome patrons who purchased tickets
· Printers to gather all pertinent information, print tickets and direct ticket purchasers to ticket boxes nearby
- This year’s Lottery will include the Split‘em 50 raffle. Each seller will have 50/50 tickets to sell as an add-on and allowing Kinsmen to put even more funding back into Calgary charities such as Diabetes Canada
- Attend Calgary Stampede, strengthen community relationships, and have fun!
- Enhance team work and organizational skills
1. Position-specific Orientation and Training – in-person
1. Volunteers will have the appropriate tools and resources assigned to them to enable them to accomplish the goals of the position.
2. Support from the Community Engagement Staff
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; fluency in English
2. Engaging and outgoing personality to support working with a wide variety of people
3. Represent the Association in a professional manner
4. A positive, caring, and respectful approach with others
1. Engaging and working with diverse groups of people
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity please contact email@example.com to apply!