Would you like to use your project management skills to give back in a meaningful way to the community you care about? Are you interested in being a part of a network of more than 175 trained consultants with lifelong skills and distinguished management careers?
Empower Success Corps (ESC), a nonprofit organization, seeks seasoned nonprofit leadership professionals for high-impact, skills-based volunteer opportunities.
ESC provides valuable management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofits across New England. By matching nonprofits with high-caliber, volunteer consultants, ESC helps organizations operate more effectively to meet the needs of their communities.
- Over 20 years of leadership experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
- Experience in project management, strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- ·History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
- Commitment to 1-2 projects per year
- Able to do occasional travel to client’s location at times that fit client’s needs
- Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
- Leadership: excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze situations, think strategically and problem solve
- Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, speaking and presenting
- Passion: a genuine interest in helping nonprofits succeed
- Computer skills: email and Word required; PowerPoint helpful
- Manage the direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of projects in a collaborative manner
- Help design project scope, goals and deliverables
- Acting as a liaison between the project team and the client
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Evaluate and assess the results of projects
- Prepare and present progress reports to client and stakeholders
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC:
- Use knowledge, skills, and wisdom you have gained throughout your career to help New England nonprofits.
- Collaborate and connect with inspiring, like-minded people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change.
- Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two.
- Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements.
- Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps New England nonprofits achieve their missions.
- Make a difference in your community within a flexible, part-time schedule.