Volunteer in Kenya - Masai Mara Lion and Wildlife Conservation
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by GoEco - Volunteer Abroad
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Volunteer for an exciting conservation project in one of Africa's finest safari destinations, Masai Mara, Kenya.
About the Project:
Volunteer in an amazing conservation project. Make connections with the local community and help to bridge the gap between the tourist industry and the population. Learn about conservation from leading specialists in a sustainable fashion.
Volunteer Work and Contribution:
International volunteers will be involved in three main initiatives: wildlife monitoring and conservation efforts, environmental education at a local primary school, and developing resources/helping to educate future local tour guides at a guiding school. Activities can include but are not limited to:
- Lion research and data collection
- Diverse data collection, particularly during the Great Migration in the summer months (game drive routing, road identification, species recording and wildlife monitoring)
- Running an environmental club at a local primary school
- Help out at a tour guiding school that helps local residents to become more involved in the tourism surrounding Masai Mara. This may include teaching English, cultural lessons, computer classes , building/repairing facilities, etc.
What's included in this project:
- Accomodation: Shared dormitory rooms
- Food: 3 meals daily
- Airport pick up: Included on arrival
- Local Transport: All project-related transportation and equipment needed to carry out work
- SIM card: Kenyan SIM card provided on arrival
- Orientation Kit: Full project details sent after registration
- Training: Pre departure preparation and training
- Support: Local in country- team support and 24hr emergancy support
Get involved and begin the journey of your lifetime!!
Language/Cultural Support Available