Special Events Volunteer: Volunteer Gala Recognition
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by HavServe Volunteer Service Network (HavServe)
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Silver Spring Civic Center
1 Veteran Place
HAVSERVE’S 7TH ANNUAL FUNDRAISING & VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION GALA
June 2, 2018 - Time: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM EST
1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
About the Event:
HavServe’s Gala is run by our team of volunteers and recognizes individuals from both the private and public
sectors who are making a real and lasting change in our communities.
Registration at http://gala.havserve.org/get-involved/:
* Event Set-up & Breakdown
* Greeting and Directing Guests
* Raffle Ticket Sales
* Other Miscellaneous Tasks
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Ideally the candidate has organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
- This position is a 2 days service commitment of 2 - 8 hours minimum.
- 1+ years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
- Demonstrated experience with startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
- Motivated and hard-working.