The Media Foundation
Ever wish you could run your own library but not have to deal with late fees or the nuances of the Dewey Decimal System? Whether you’ve ever worked or volunteered at a library, you’ll quickly discover the challenges and solutions most libraries face. In this role, you’ll be interfacing with several of the local libraries (and librarians), introducing best practices to our operations, and playing a key role in facilitating our rapid growth. You will work directly with our increasing number of volunteers to apply them where most needed in our daily effort of processing the media received. You are a perpetual student, passionate about learning, and see libraries as ‘deck.’ Midtown gone uptown.
* Organized - Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
* Persistent - Locate unusual or unique information in response to specific requests.
* Methodical and detail oriented - Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audiovisual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
* Detail oriented - Evaluate materials to determine outdated, unused items to be discarded, and discern quality of items in order to grade for on-line market.
* Ability to teach and guide others - Direct and train staff/volunteer in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, and equipment use.
Sign up today by completing our online application and become registered with The Media Foundation. Access our volunteer calendar to self-schedule and engage on your own time. Navigate to www.tinyurl.com/volunteeratTMF to complete our quick volunteer application.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org directly with any questions you may have or if you experience technological difficulties through this process.
The Media Foundation
Ever wish you could run your own library but not have to deal with late fees or the nuances of the Dewey Decimal System? Whether you’ve ever worked or volunteered at a library, you’ll quickly discover…