Volunteer Membership Development Representative
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Women's Global Leadership Initiative
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Duration: 1 year
Schedule: 5-10 hours a week
How you’ll make an impact
We are currently seeking a Membership Director. This position is responsible for all membership and retention matters for the WGLI. S/he will work closely with the ED and the Marketing team to develop and enact strategic organizational goals and annual plans that ensure meeting annual membership goals for the organization and allow for program growth and expansion. The Membership Director will provide oversight and management of membership processes, recruitment, retention, planning/execution of membership events and our internal member database.
The ideal candidate would have significant experience in the expansion of membership bases at non-profit organizations, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment, working independently and proactively where there is uncertainty and ambiguity. In the first phase of the work, the candidate will focus on establishing strategic goals and a plan for execution. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying further staffing needs.
You have these skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prospect both internal and external leads
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and phone etiquette
- Understanding, knowledge, and experience using social media as a business tool
- Excellent knowledge and ability of MS Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for WGLI’s mission and vision
- Commitment of 1 year preferred; 6 months minimum
- 2-4 years of sales/membership experience - experience in non-profits, member retention or sales a plus
- Must be a self-starter with a successful history of sales/membership performance
About the Women’s Global Leadership Initiative
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative (WGLI) is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization, founded
in 2008. It is dedicated to unlocking the leadership potential of women of different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds who want to make a difference in their communities by realizing their full leadership potential.
WGLI’S mission is to build women leaders across the globe. Regardless of socio-economic conditions, WGLI will provide every woman with the opportunity to an education, the ability to invest in her future and the tools and knowledge to contribute to her community.
How To Apply
Please provide your resume and a cover letter