A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Remote (One Degree)
Unpaid volunteer, 5-15 hours per week, 6-12 months, remote
At One Degree, we believe finding emergency food, shelter, or health services when you or your family is in need should be as easy and straightforward as ordering a book on Amazon. We create modern tech-driven solutions that help families find, access, and manage nonprofit and social services efficiently and with dignity. We’ve helped more than 250,000 people in the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles County.
We are looking for Volunteers to join our team to increase access to life-affirming resources in the Bay Area, Los Angeles and Gainesville, FL. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about empowering low-income communities and is looking for remote, flexible volunteering. As part of the Resource Management team, you will be updating our existing database of community resources in the Bay Area and Los Angeles counties. This includes online research, calling organizations for information and data-entry work. This work is crucial to our commitment to provide up-to-date information for our families and individuals that need community resources. We highly recommend you check out this article to learn more about our unique approach to maintaining an updated database before applying.
Because of our commitment to high quality resource information, there is usually a learning curve in the first month or so of volunteering. But don’t worry! We provide very detailed instructions, training videos, one-on-one virtual support (Slack, email, conference calls) and thoughtful feedback along the way. Here’s what one of our Specialists says about this work:
“Every time I review or create a [resource], I am so happy that families out there have this resource because it was not around when I was growing up in a low-income family with little knowledge of the English language or connections to get by, let alone knowing where to look to apply for internships or scholarships to pay for school. This work truly impacts me.”
- are passionate about empowering under-resourced families
- are highly organized and self-starter
- have experience in independent research and/or data-entry
- are comfortable with technology and have access to a computer
- interested in volunteering remotely and independently
- are available to volunteer with us for a period of 6 months or more
Then you should…
- Complete this 5 minute application! We accept new volunteers on a rolling basis. We expect new volunteers to start working within 2-4 weeks of applying. If you will not be able to volunteer with us within the next 3 weeks, please wait to apply when you are ready to start volunteering. If you’re ready to start volunteering now, yay! Please complete the application, and look for an email from us about getting set up. We’ll reach out one week before the volunteer work begins (new volunteers usually start the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month). Thank you for considering One Degree!
One Degree does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. Employment is contingent upon a background and reference check.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Complete the form. We accept new volunteers on a rolling basis, every two weeks. New volunteers usually start working on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month. See more details in the description.