Office Assistant Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Property Management Offices
232 Eddy Street
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources. Please check us out at www.tndc.org.
This is an Office Assistant Volunteer position within the Property Management Department at TNDC. This is a position for individuals with strong organizational skills and a passion for equity, diversity and integrity. You will be supervised by Mariel Rivera who is the Assistant Manager. Property Management is an integral component of TNDC’s structure. They are in charge of overseeing all 39 of our properties, making sure that they are clean and habitable for all our tenants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing documents/letters for mailing (copying, stuffing envelopes)
•Calling people with appointment reminders
• Preparing intake folders
· Strong interest in one or more of the following areas: equity, organizing, operations.
· Comfortable in operating a computer and general office equipment.
· Be culturally sensitive. We treat all people with respect and believe that different experiences and perspectives add value.
· Enthusiastic. We need someone who is passionate about making a change and improving lives.
· Team Player. Must be able to work well with others and coordinate tasks with good and clear communication.
· Listener. This leadership role must be able to listen, understand the department’s needs, challenges, opportunities, etc.
· Ability to perform light to medium work involving sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds and climbing stairs.
This position is volunteer-based and is uncompensated. There is a commitment of 4-16 hours a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 2-6pm, negotiable) for a minimum of 1 month.
How To Apply
If interested, please email Maivy Xuan Nguyen, Volunteer and Corporate Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com with a short description of why you want to volunteer with Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation.