Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Chill Boston is currently looking for youth mentors to volunteer for our Fall skateboard programs! We will be running two programs this year, one at Hadley Skatepark in Lowell and one at UP Academy in Dorchester. Each program will serve approximately 15 youth from different schools and community groups throughout the cities. Programs will run one day per week, after school, for six weeks. Although we have local managers and outstanding sport instructors, our programs could never operate without the help of our dedicated volunteers.
Want to learn more about the Chill program:
This video gets to the heart of what we do and the impact that we have on the youth that we work with: https://vimeo.com/217202503
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- At least some skateboard experience and/or knowledge, although a desire to positively mentor youth is much more important than being a pro on a skateboard
- Ability to work with a variety of skill levels and participants from diverse backgrounds
- Experience or interest in working with youth, aged 10-18
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate with the Chill Coordinator and instructor
- Willingness to try something new, to have fun, and to be a positive role model!
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers