181 Armour Drive Northeast
Our drivers are a critical part of the service we provide to the community, since a majority of our clients are homebound. In fact, our volunteer driver is quite often the only person a client may see on any given day. But as much as that meal and that simple moment shared means to each client, it means just as much to each volunteer. We have some volunteers who have been driving a route for 10 years or more and others who drive every so often...but for every one of them, seeing a client smile is something very personal and rewarding.
Description:This event is for new driver or return drivers who need to attend new delivery training. Using your own vehicle and gas, you will be trained to deliver meals to our clients in the metro-Atlanta area. The average route is 2-3 hours in length. If you are able to take a longer route, please let us know.
Click here to learn more about meal delivery!
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have valid vehicle liability insurance
- Routes are available Monday-Saturday.
- On your first volunteer date, you will need to arrive at 10:00 a.m. for a 30 minute new driver training. After that you will start on your route. You will be delivering some clients' lunches along with dinner, so the routes must leave our facility by 10:30 a.m.
- Please bring your license and insurance information with you or email photos of these documents to email@example.com. We are required to have a copy of these for our records before you begin delivery.
- Please remember to bring a charged cell phone and a pen!
Sign up: Visit https://openhandatlanta.volunteerhub.com to create an account and reserve an open shift that fits your schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of our Volunteer Service Managers for further explanation or assistance.
- Training Provided