Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Join CADIP Sea Turtle Conservation program in Playa Junquillal on the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica.
The goal is to ensure the conservation of threatened ecosystems and contribute to the well being of communities who depend on them.
Junquillal is a very important breeding zone in Pacific Costa Rica for endangered Leatherback turtles (Dermochelys coriacea), Black turtles (Chelonia mydas agassizii) and Loras turtles (Lepidochelys olivacea).
Volunteer's main duties involve:
• Night patrols along the beach and nesting sites for turtles
• Monitoring of protected nests
• Ensuring that hatchlings born get alive to the sea
• Keeping the beach clean of waste
Learn more about the program: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-costa-rica
Volunteering Worldwide: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers