Programme officer volunteer in International Development
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by GCP Foundation
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
GCP Foundation is an international development charity with a mission to eradicate energy poverty in Africa. We achieve these objectives by replacing harmful fossil fuels with renewable energy and advocate on climate change.
We are at a pivotal stage of our development, starting to gain more traction and really grow as an organisation. We are really keen to communicate with our supporters exactly what is going on month-by-month. We are looking for someone who can help plan, and execute our programmes both in the UK and in the field in Africa.
Our programme officers will have the opportunities to visit a number of sub-Saharan countries, including, but not limited to, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, Togo, Benin and Ghana.
What you will do
· Work on the planning phase of our programmes.
· Liaise with other NGOs and other stakeholders as required, including UN agencies, host country governments, international suppliers and development finance institutions.
· Coordinating equipment into the host country and clearnace of customs.
· Ensuring any isues are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Assisting the management team to refine the strategy to streamline and improve the programme on a dynamic basis.
· Travelling to the host country to ensure that the programme fullfills its objectives.
· Provide social media support as and when required.
· Researching and/or attending training to improve the quality of our programmes.
· Being creative and developing new ways of improving our impact.
· Devising and implementing impact assesment of all progammes to ensure that the correct and timely reporting is made to our donors, supporters and other stakeholders.
· Assisting with programme administration including answering emails and calls, preparing reports, presneations, keeping detailed and clear records of spending and reporting back to manager.
- Highly organised.
- Confidence in communication.
- Understanding the non-profit sector.
· Confident self-starter.
· Proficient in writing and proof-reading.
· Committed to attending regular team skype meetings as and when required.
· Committed and able to dedicate the equivalent of five hours each month to the role.
· Interested in our causes and ethos around eradicating energy poverty and the environment.
· Proven written communication skills.
· Proven IT skills.
· Team working experience.
· Confidence to work on own initiative with minimum supervision but knowing when to consult with and inform others.
· Organised, able to set and meet own targets and goals.
· Happy to work from home.
- Previous Africa or development related working experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Entrepreneurial and Adaptable to change
- Experience in fast-paced and multi-cultural working environment
All candidates must have access to the internet.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV and short note as to why you would like to work with us, your experience in Africa or international development and understanding of the United Nation's SDGs.