A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
c/o Creative Visions Foundation
18820 Pacific Coast Hwy Suite 201
EOTO World uses the talents of professionals to advance its mission in order to develop effective global youth activists working toward the international agendas aimed at eradicating poverty and building a culture of peace. The organization is looking to bring on a business expert to its remote-based team.
About Project Reach Back
Project Reach Back works to influence local business, college and activist group impacts on sustainable development and poverty eradication. We provide free to low-fee consulting sessions via phone, online and/or in-person for businesses and entrepreneurs to integrate human rights and culture of peace practices in business models.
The Project Reach Back volunteer will direct and ensure the sustainability of well crafted, mission-centered and effective program activities that advances the strategic direction of the organization. The Project Reach Back Program volunteer may manage a small team to implement strategy that includes a coordinator, an intern and project volunteers as needed.
This role is a part of a volunteer collective and as such, is non-paid. However, compensation is applied through the organization perks and recognition system where points accumulated are redeemed at the end of each fiscal year. The time commitment for this role is flexible and approximately 20 hours per month, including supervision and team meetings. This is a minimum 1-year commitment, renewable on an annual basis.
- Co-develop and manage implementation of strategic program operations
- Develop and oversee activities of the program
- Advance, monitor and evaluate the impact and reach of the program
- Assist in the recruitment and training of project team members
- Manage and lead project team members as needed
- Provide input and co-management of the program budget
- Coordinate partnerships and act as an Ambassador for the organization as needed
The volunteer will be supported with opportunities for professional development, including access to online and of-line trainings that may be paid by the organization.
EOTO World honors time off with a total of 4 months worth of organization downtime that team members are encouraged to take time to unwind. In addition, requested time off is allotted for up to 2 days out of each month, excluding the 4 months of downtime automatically provided.
- Minimum 2 years experience developing, consulting, or expanding a business
- Knowledge of sustainable development, human rights and a culture of peace
- Program management and evaluation experience
- Project management experience
- Frequent, steady internet access, including the ability to participate in video conferencing
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, other languages a strong plus, especially official UN languages
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers