A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Legal Aid of North Carolina seeks volunteer navigators to help individuals and families understand and enroll in health insurance options through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is the leader of the NC Navigator Consortium, a group of health care, social service and legal aid organizations that provides free, in-person help to North Carolina consumers seeking to enroll in affordable health insurance plans on HealthCare.gov, the Health Insurance Marketplace established by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
What do navigators do?
- Provide one-on-one assistance to help individuals and families:
- Understand the options for health insurance in the ACA Marketplace;
- Successfully enroll in a health insurance plan; and
- Determine if they are eligible and help them apply for financial assistance to pay for coverage.
- Participate in individual and group enrollment/outreach events at places like libraries, churches, community health fairs, etc.
What’s the time commitment?
- Complete federal navigator certification training and NC-specific trainings.
- Be available at least two hours per week for consumer appointments or outreach/enrollment events.
- Attend monthly trainings.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To receive a copy of the volunteer job description, application, and other required documentation, please contact ACA Volunteer Coordinator Donna Rasmussen at (336) 397-2358 or at DonnaR@legalaidnc.org.