Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The Child development and care center in San Pablo provides a quality service to children between the ages of 3 and 7 years who come from families in extreme poverty, poverty and the middle class of San Pablo de Heredia. It is based on constructivist methodology and promotes equality between men and women as well as core values for personal development.
• to assist staff with everyday tasks
• to play games with the children
• to help with mealtimes
• to assist with cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.
Volunteer’s schedule is Monday to Friday, 5-8 hours a day, starting at 7:00am.
- To have a basic level of Spanish
- To enjoy working with children, to be patient, tolerant and sociable, to have a lot of initiative
Arrival and orientation: All participants in the program have an orientation meeting in San José before travelling to the project. The orientation helps you get an insight into local culture and prepares you for a positive experience in Costa Rica.
Duration of the project: 1 week - 5 months. Please select the dates that work best for you and submit them with your application.
Learn more about the short-term (1-3 weeks) program: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-costa-rica
Programs 1 to 5 months: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-costa-rica
Volunteering Worldwide: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers