A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1649 El Prado
This volunteer opportunity offers an introduction into the daily Marketing and Communications operations of a museum. Volunteer may assist in creating, curating and distributing content; provide assistance with daily marketing tasks; and conduct research and compile reports.
Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing & Communications Volunteer may assist with:
- The creation of; flyers, newsletters, invitations, etc. (print and digital); and distribution via MailChimp, social media channels, internal and external documents.
- Promotional efforts for events and day of execution; may include photographing programs and events
- Organizing project schedules and other important information
- Researching and documenting industry trends, competitors, PR mentions, and project schedules.
- Public relations and media relations activities
- Copy editing & distributing collateral on and off-site.
- Once a week for 2 hour blocks, from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Approximate hours per week: 4-8 (flexible)
- Experience or interest in digital marketing, graphic design, public relations, communications, and/or nonprofit organizations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with focused attention to detail with a strong work ethic and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Interest in or experience with photography
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop experience preferred
- Prior experience with MailChimp or similar email marketing program preferred
Please send an email stating your interest in the opportunity and any applicable experience to email@example.com.
- Training Provided