594 Grand Concourse
Special Events Volunteer work closely with South Bronx United’s Executive Director in planning and managing nonprofit fundraising events with a focus on SBU’s Annual Benefit. The Annual Benefit, which raised $111,000 last year, represents a significant and essential portion of SBU’s operating budget allowing SBU to keep pace with growing programming needs of Bronx youth.
September – November. Exact hours are flexible and will fluctuate according to key periods with more hours likely needed immediately prior to the Benefit on November 8th.
594 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451
*Work can often be done remotely if needed.
10-15 hours a week, September-early November. The workload of the position is expected to fluctuate around key periods, but is often flexible for a candidate to choose their hours.
All volunteers will be trained, supervised by the Development Manager.
While the position is unpaid, Volunteers have the opportunity to see the inner workings of a small but growing non profit and the process of planning and managing a major fundraising event.
Responsibilities in Detail:
• Support a team, the SBU Benefit Committee, in planning and promoting the 5th Annual SBU Benefit
• Solicit donations for the event (venue, food, drinks, auctions items, etc)
• Organize event logistics (catering, registration, recruiting and training volunteers, music, awards program, etc.)
• Manage guest list, ticket purchases, monetary donations, and mailing list
• Support creation of event materials (save the date, evite, sponsor letters)
• Create financial reports for event
• Create run of show for event day and evening
• Promote event on social media and with appropriate mainstream media
• Support other fundraising events as planned by SBU’s Junior Board
Along with possessing a passion for supporting non profit work and serving urban youth, a volunteer should have strong communication and writing skills and comfort using Microsoft Excel and Google Documents. Additionally, an ideal candidate would also have a BA in communications, non profit management, marketing or another related field, as well as experience in event planning and/or fundraising.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and CV to email@example.com.