The Young Professionals Board (YPB) champions Day One’s mission to end intimate partner violence and sexual assault by raising awareness for the cause, conducting outreach and supporting the organization through philanthropy and volunteerism.
● Promote Day One’s services and events by sharing information with friends, colleagues and peers, and encouraging them to support the organization.
● Coordinate, participate in and volunteer for events, outreach opportunities and
● Identify and recruit new members. YPB will host at least one annual recruitment event.
● Consider the Day One YPB a significant priority in the member’s community activities
and commit to carrying out tasks with professionalism and diligence.
● Attend and actively participate in at least eight out of twelve in person meetings or calls each year. In person meetings and calls are held every month and alternate.
● Observe one of Day One’s community-based workshops within the first six (6) months of joining. Workshops are held regularly at various locations and times throughout the city.
● Serve on at least one committee -
Fundraising: Generates income to support Day One's programs. The committee will propose, organize and execute a minimum of two fundraising initiatives per year.
Community Impact: Plans and implements educational, cultural and supportive events and activities on behalf of Day One clients and youth.
Membership: Increases membership by identifying opportunities for recruitment and by representing Day One at volunteer and board match events. Engages with new members and encourages participation in Board activities and committees. Identifies the needs of members and recommends professional or educational development to meet those needs.
● Commit to financially supporting Day One by raising funds and donating personally in an amount significant to themselves.
-Purchasing tickets to fundraising events
-Soliciting monetary donations from contacts
-Selling tickets to the fundraising events
-Securing in-kind donations to fulfill client needs, organizational projects, gift drives, event costs (i.e. food and alcohol), silent auction items for annual fundraiser, etc.
Day One will support the YPB and its membership by:
● Providing consistent updates on the organization’s work and news from the field
● Providing expertise as needed to carry out responsibilities (i.e. fundraising, programming)
● Hosting an annual mixer for the YPB, Board of Directors and Senior Staff
The Young Professionals Board (YPB) champions Day One’s mission to end intimate partner violence and sexual assault by raising awareness for the cause, conducting outreach and supporting the organization through philanthropy and…