A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6115 S Santa Fe Drive
PURPOSE OF JOB: Assist with the cultural practices of rose gardening.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Pruning, deadheading, fertilizing with an organic fertilizer, mulching, raking, weeding and other gardening tasks that are related to maintenance of Hudson Gardens’ rose collection.
· Non-chemical pest control for Japanese beetles.
· Participation in labeling and mapping projects for the rose collection.
· Weekly shifts occur on Wednesdays, April through October (weather depending).
· Shifts last from 8 AM – 10 AM.
· Weekly or bi-weekly commitment preferred.
· Outdoors, onsite at Hudson Gardens.
Attire and Equipment (provided by the volunteer):
· Closed-toe work shoes or work boots.
· Hand pruners (bypass not anvil).
· Gardening gloves (those designed for working with roses preferred).
· Water bottle and sun protection (recommended).
· This position may involve the use of other hand tools (e.g., soil knife, hand saw) provided by Hudson Gardens.
· Must be aged 18 or older.
· Prospective applicants will be interviewed.
· Must be able to work in a group or as part of a team.
· Stand, walk, and/or sit.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Climb or balance.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Lift up to 10 pounds.
CONTACT: Community Programs and Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or email@example.com.
- Training Provided