Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4500 Dixie Road
Purpose: To carry out the stated purpose, “To use our knowledge, skills, community relationships, volunteers and other resources to create and promote safe and affordable home ownership options with the aim of alleviating the cycle of poverty within our community of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga”.
The role of the Driver Assistants is to provide support to the ReStore by helping the driver pick up salvaged/donated materials from various locations in the Halton-Mississauga Region. This support allows HFH Halton-Mississauga to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton-Mississauga community.
Responsible to: The Salvage Coordinator & ReStore Manager on duty
Time Commitment: Minimum 4 hours per week (1 shift)
Hours of Operation – Monday to Saturday from 8:00am - 6:00pm
Job Duration: Minimum 1 year commitment
Location: HFH Halton Office – 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 11 Burlington, Ontario L7L 6A1 and various donor locations across the Halton-Mississauga Region
- Assist with loading and unloading of merchandise from donor locations to ReStore receiving docks
- Assembly and/or disassembly of materials may be required
- Assist with moving merchandise onto the sales floor
- Assist with training of new Volunteer Driver Assistants and Drivers when required
- Assist with documenting and verifying items picked-up
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be physically fit to lift and unload heavy items (50lbs +) in all weather conditions
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it;
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Friendly, approachable, outgoing
- Willing to take the initiative
- Excellent creative and organizational skills
- Previous customer service experience is an asset but not mandatory
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers
- HFH Halton staff members and volunteers
Training: Must complete Safety Health and Environment training
Working Conditions: Affiliate location and donor locations
- All Drivers and Driver assistants must wear CSA footwear. These shoes can either be provided at time of your shift or you can bring your own.
Participant Group: ReStore Donors and Customers, Affiliate Staff and Affiliate Volunteers
Screening Process: Interview
How To Apply
Email for more information or click the link above to sign up as a Habitat volunteer!