Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 88
Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California
HOUND HAUL COORDINATOR
The following are duties for the Hound Haul Coordinator, a position that manages all aspects of Operation: Hound Haul:
- The main job is to organize any long distance transports, also known as “Hound Hauls.”
- Must be detailed oriented and able to think through and follow-up on logistics.
- Must monitor email and stay in consistent contact with other BHRSC associates.
- In specific regard to Hound Hauls, duties are: recruit teams of transport volunteers from the transport pool; arrange for van rental; arrange to get crates to volunteers as well as collars, leashes, harnesses, ID tags, etc.; arrange for transport team lodging. Day of a haul, monitor progress by staying in touch with transport drivers and update receiving team.
- When a haul is not in the crucial planning stage, duties are to be to support the Transportation Coordinator by providing back-up on other more routine transports.
- An Assistant will be made available, if or as needed.
This is an Executive Committee position and it is expected you will participate in four quarterly board meetings; two on-site and two via phone conference. Further, all Committee members are encouraged to support the organization by volunteering at Spring Games held annually each June.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please visit: www.bassethoundrescue.org. Once there, look for the Volunteer tab and proceed to our online App and Waiver. Thanks so much for considering BHRSC!