EncoreOC Professionals Program - Playworks Southern California (Marketing and Social Media)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1901 E. 4th St. #100
OneOC is proud to offer the EncoreOC Professionals Program throughout Orange County! As an EncoreOC Professional, you will connect with a local nonprofit in meaningful & purposeful service to help address unmet community needs. During the 8-week program, you will fulfill critical project-based assignments that will bolster the infrastructure of the nonprofit at which you are serving.
Company Background: OneOC - Encore Professionals Program with Playworks Southern California.
Playworks seeks to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for physical activity and safe, meaningful play.
Term of Volunteer Service: 8-weeks project-based assignment between April and December 2018
Hours of Volunteer Service: 15 hours per week for 8 weeks (Virtual and Onsite)
Position: EncoreOC Professionals are highly-skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and professional background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply, and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks:
Social Media and Marketing-The Encore Professional will work with the Southern California Development team to develop a strategic online nonprofit communications plan, including social media for brand awareness and growth. They will apply marketing expertise towards the creation of online content that will increase engagement among school, foundation, corporate, and other community partners, as well as individual donors.
- Help create a strategic online nonprofit communications plan, including social media for brand awareness and growth
- Assist in creating an implementation plan with online marketing and communications workflow
- Manage and oversee social media content on different platforms
- Develop, implement, and manage social media campaigns
- Support event planning for corporate engagement and stewardship
- Grow social media communities
- Measure the success of social media campaigns through analytics and metrics reports
- Use social media tools such as Hootsuite
- Media Relations
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Opportunity to make a significant difference in the mission of an Orange County nonprofit
- Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
- Networking opportunities
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an EncoreOC Professional, the candidate must meet all eligibility requirements below, including but not limited to:
- Commit to the project-based assignment and position timeline
- Agree to and clear a criminal background check
How To Apply
You may apply directly to the EncoreOC Professionals Program by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and why you would be a good fit for this opportunity to Abby Edmunds at firstname.lastname@example.org