Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
Are you concerned about growing injustice in the United States? Are you moved by your faith to stand with those facing threats to their basic human rights? As Human Rights Advocacy Coordinator at Justice Revival, you will be spreading the word that Christian values of justice and love point toward respect for the human rights of all people.
Justice Revival is a faith-based organization committed to educating, inspiring, and mobilizing Christian communities to stand in solidarity with the oppressed and defend the human rights of the vulnerable. We are a dynamic, early phase nonprofit seeking an energetic, motivated volunteer Human Rights Advocacy Coordinator to work closely with the Founder & Executive Director. This is an opportunity to be part of building a new organization dedicated to amplifying a Christian voice for equal justice & human rights in the United States.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about promoting human rights within the United States, drawing on the moral and legal force of international law and the beliefs and values of the Christian tradition. You will play a vital role in shaping Justice Revival’s advocacy strategy and launching our inaugural advocacy initiative. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable human rights experience and have a meaningful impact as a volunteer leader.
- Working closely with the Founder / Executive Director, refine and implement the organization’s Advocacy Strategy
- Cultivate relationships with Christian, interfaith, and secular partner organizations
- Create and launch inaugural advocacy campaign, shaping campaign goals, strategies, and messaging
- Plan and coordinate events as part of the inaugural campaign
- Manage other volunteers and mobilize Justice Revival’s constituents
- Background in international human rights or civil rights and in domestic policy advocacy
- Willingness and ability to prioritize Justice Revival
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A contagious passion for our cause
- Training Provided