Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 40219
Mama Hope is a San Francisco based nonprofit that trains social entrepreneurs from around the world and partners them with visionary leaders in communities around the globe to build thriving communities. Together, they fund and build community-identified sustainable projects that meet fundamental needs in food, water, education and health care. Mama Hope is incubating future leaders and revolutionizing the way sustainable projects are funded. To date, Mama Hope has impacted over 180,000 people in communities across Sub-Saharan Africa, India, Guatemala and in the US.
If you want to get involved with Mama Hope and experience transformational work on the ground in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, or India then the Global Advocate Program could be for you. Global Advocates change lives and in the process are forever changed themselves.
The Global Advocate Program is a competitive, professional training corps that achieves the mission of Mama Hope through first-hand project development. Global Advocates participate in a carefully constructed program that provides instructional career training, real leadership opportunity and hands-on field experience that organizations and companies find so valuable.
The program lasts nine months and is built around three, 3 month phases:
(1) Training, Fundraising, and Project Development
(2) In-Country Field Experience and Project Execution
(3) Program Management, Evaluation, and Reporting.
Timeline and Training
1. Training and Fundraising: The first 4 months of the program include sessions on project development, human centered design, fundraising, marketing, Connected Development and more. Our training kicks off with a 5 day orientation, where Advocates will take part in compelling symposiums led by the Mama Hope staff, former Global Advocates and other nonprofit and business professionals. Right away, Advocates are paired with a project in Africa, Guatemala or India focused on one of Mama Hope's six program areas: clean water, agriculture and food security, health care, education, or youth development. During the first four months of the program, an Advocate's primary focus is running a fundraising campaign to raise a minimum of $20,000 towards their project. They will also communicate with their partner communities' leadership to formulate a detailed work plan.
2. In-Country Field Experience and Project Execution: During an Advocate's stay at their project site, they work alongside community leaders to oversee project implementation, document the progress of their program objectives and broadcast their life-changing experiences to friends, family and Mama Hope supporters with blogs, updates, photos, and videos.
3. Program Management and Evaluation: Returning Advocates are paired with new Advocates who have just joined the program. By sharing successful techniques and providing up to date knowledge of the project's progress, returning Advocates are able to facilitate a smooth transition and provide the constant contact their mentee needs to successfully achieve their objectives. At the end of the program, they will present a final project report qualifying their experience and demonstrating competence in project management and assessment. Advocates leave the program with an attractive resume complete with their recent training, skills and accomplishments, as well as professional recommendations and resources. This is sure to impress any NGO, graduate school, or corporation that they will apply to in the future.
Mama Hope has successfully trained 72 Advocates from all over the world, including Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Brazil, Italy, France, The UK, Switzerland, Uganda and the US. To date, our Global Advocates have raised over $1.4M towards project funding.
Our next class of Global Advocates starts on June 14, 2018 (orientation week: June 14 - 18 2018 in Michigan). Application deadline is April 23, 2018.
To apply, please visit www.mamahope.org/global-advocates
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To learn more watch our Global Advocate teaser video
Apply today to become a Global Advocate http://www.mamahope.org/global-advocates/apply-now/