ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (VOLUNTEER) - REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Girlfriends Pray
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
101 Route 130
Girlfriends Pray is one of the fastest growing ministries for women of faith. Our ministry is designed to encourage, inspire, motivate and empower women through prayer. In less than 3 months, we grew from 33 women to several hundred standing in the gap interceding for women during the height of the economic downturn back in 2009. , Women were struggling with more than just losing their homes but losing loved ones, loving jobs, declines in income, separation and divorce, marital issues, health challenges, family estrangement, addiction and abuse as well as mental illness and high rates of depression and suicidal thoughts. It was in this season Founder, Dee Marshall gathered women on what had become a “temporary life line” encouraging women to pray. That “temporary life line” was not temporary at all and today we are a global ministry over 200k with a physical presence in more than 30 US Markets. Girlfriends Pray, a recipient of an NAACP Award for Faith-Based Community Outreach, announced during a press conference on Capital Hill in November 2010 an initiative to travel the globe on a mission to unite 1 million in prayer.
Our MISSION is to get more women closer to God through prayer
Our VISION 1 million women around the world united through prayer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, this part-time, volunteer Administrative Assistant role is responsible for providing administrative support and/or record keeping tasks for Girlfriends Pray Ministry.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties of an administrative nature to support the BOD and National Team in managing the operational needs of the ministry, included, but not limited to providing assistance to the Board Secretary with agendas and minutes for BOD meetings.
- Maintain documents and establish filing system for all GP documents and correspondence, including but not limited to, Intercessor’s information, monthly prayer calendar, Board and Committee meeting minutes, GP Team database.
- Maintain list of volunteers and assist with managing the recruiting email account to ensure timely follow-up with interested volunteers; assist with coordination of volunteers.
- Respond to inquiries requesting the Founder’s attendance to speak at events related to GP Ministry’s mission and vision; manage the Founder’s calendar and attend local events, when able.
- Participate in planning and coordination of the yearly GP event/meeting.
- Order books, t-shirts, cards and other products for events and manage inventory of items.
- Prepare correspondence, including but not limited to bereavement letters, annual contribution letters (to donors for tax purposes), respond to WeCare emails.
- Handle monthly mailings and send out book and t-shirt orders, as needed.
- Backup assistance with command control and social media posting
- Provide support as needed and requested.
GirlFriends Pray is an Equal Opportunity organization –Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
How To Apply
Please send letter of interest along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.