Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you a good communicator? Do you have a passion for God’s Word and would love for every language to have the Bible translated into their heart language?
Become an ambassador for JAARS by highlighting the various ways JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth to the visiting public.
Share stories, and guide guests around portions of the center so that they hear and see the amazing services that are provided and how they might become involved.
Serve as an ambassador as you share with guests how JAARS impacts Bible translation.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Learn and know the background needed to represent JAARS (not partner organizations)
- · Gather and be able to share stories related to Transportation, Technology, Training, and Media
- · Be able to explain the relationship between JAARS, Wycliffe, and SIL
- · Provide a two hour intro and walking tour that touches on JAARS history and highlights current services, that is informative and challenges guests to become involved.
- · Distribute materials, gather completed response cards, and report numbers to Tours
- · Stay up to date on current services through reading JAARS publications and attending Center Meetings and/or Vespers
- · Assist with the movement and supervision of large groups between designated areas at special events
- · Assist at JAARS Days as much as possible.
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- · Good communication skills
- · Enjoy meeting and greeting people
- · Neat and well groomed
- · Understands the importance of public relations
- · Ability to operate the tour electronics (primarily DVD player and projector)
- · Completes the Tour Departments training period
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mail room, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
- Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
· Proof of health insurance
· Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
· Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
· Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020