Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
General Description/Position Summary
Ambassador Development Associate (ADA) plays a key role in the SPEAK Mentorship Mentoring Program, particularly in developing our peer leaders. The ADA reports to the Executive Director (ED), and is critical to the operational success of SPEAK Mentorship. The ADA is the first point of contact for Ambassadors and the person in this position must possess excellent communication, organizational skills, understanding of leadership development, and ability to identify and leverage opportunities for Ambassadors to enhance their profiles. SPEAK Mentorship works on building a network of support for girls and women of immigrant and first-generation American backgrounds, and the ADA ensures we are developing our Ambassadors to be successful peer leaders who can support their mentees on their SPEAK mentoring journey, while also strongly representing the impact of SPEAK in all settings and to all constituents.
For the 2018 - 2019 academic year, SPEAK Mentorship will be working with students in the New York, Newark, and Philadelphia areas. We have Ambassadors from schools across these areas. The ADA will be responsible towards developing their leadership skills overall, ensuring their understanding and abilities of leading a SPEAK Chapter Club, fundraising, networking, and serving others. The ADA position will begin with Ambassador orientation in October, and end in June 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with SPEAK Ambassadors, from orientation until the end of the program year, providing the Ambassador leadership curriculum
- Ensuring Ambassadors are supporting, learning, developing, and able to optimize opportunities towards leadership
- Cooperate and collaborate with the Mentoring Program team, including the Mentoring Program Administrator, Mentor Relations Associates, and Mentor Connectors to ensure all students are supported
- Send out communications regarding program updates, events, and opportunities
- Assist in data collection and provide reports on Ambassador progress and development
- Assist in strengthening Ambassador curriculum
- Identify information from program that can be used for social media to generate awareness
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Must be pursuing a minimum of a bachelors degree
- Proven leadership ability and experience
- Experience working with youth
- Experience working in remote settings
- Start-up and nonprofit experience a plus
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SPEAK Mentorship’s mission
· Knowledge of and commitment to serving American citizen girls of immigrant or first-generation backgrounds, and advocating for their development as they pursue knowledge of careers before transitioning from high school to college
- Computer literate and technologically proficient
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point) and Google Suite
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail, handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work in a fast-paced environment and under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
- Highly organized, motivated, and professional
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and a strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers