Marketing & Communications Associate for Africa Education Nonprofit - Virtual Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Anike Foundation
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you want to make an impact on education in Africa? We do too. Anike Foundation seeks a creative, high energy, flexible team player to implement our Marketing & Communications initiatives. The Marketing & Communications Associate is responsible for the development of digital marketing strategy and distribution of content across all Anike Foundation’s digital channels, including our website, email marketing and social media. The associate is a story teller, responsible for the development and delivery of content that draws people in. It is a hands-on role developing compelling content that educates, drives engagement and provokes a response. The ideal candidate has experience writing for a variety of audiences and purposes.
The associate supports editorial and design content creation. This position requires close collaboration with the Marketing, Admin, Social Media, Blogging, Grants and Website teams to leverage content that will raise the visibility of Anike Foundation with key audiences, specifically donors and volunteers.
- Expand innovative, impactful digital marketing and social media presence of Anike Foundation by developing strategies that raise awareness of the foundation; leverage content created by marketing and maximize the reach of the foundation's platforms with key audiences; develop social media campaigns focused on event promotion, gaining new followers, and raising awareness of the foundation
- Coordinate email marketing and work with events staff on content creation
- Write blog posts, newsletter articles both internal (for our volunteers) and external (for our supporters), and press releases to tell the stories of our work and the impact of donor/volunteer engagement
- Identify, recommend, and implement emerging methods of digital advertising and customer communications
- Track and monitor Anike Foundation’s media coverage
- Proactively search for new ways to disseminate Anike Foundation content in the digital space
- Develop and contribute to Marketing, Communications and PR Plans.
- Social Media – post and leverage tools to enable people to know about our events and programs and to establish Anike Foundation as a leader in African education.
- Define needs for and execute production of advertisements, flyers and placement of promotion materials
- Engage / enable public relations
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, digital marketing, PR, or other closely related field or comparable work experience
- Experience in a marketing position with proven success in designing and executing effective digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to think across multiple channels in an integrated and creative manner and proactively develop the digital portion of marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience creating various types of content – posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills; appreciates the power of good storytelling and visuals with an eye toward design
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions, and resolving issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with volunteer staff at all levels
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Wordpress, Wix, HTML, Adobe Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop)
- Social Media Tools: HootSuite, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Ability to leverage social media to help us achieve campaign success
- Excellent organization, follow through and self management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player. Takes direction and initiates ideas.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education in Africa will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions of Africans. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
About Anike Foundation
Established in 2007 as a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation, Anike Foundation works to promote literacy throughout the African continent where more than 45 million youths are illiterate. Please visit our website for more information about Anike Foundation: www.anikefoundation.org.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to discuss prior experience in communications, public relations, journalism and/or marketing. We look forward to hearing from you.