Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Koutammakou is a living cultural landscape inhabited by the Batammariba people, whose remarkable earth tower houses have become a symbol of Togo.
This project aims to create an organic garden, which will produce vegetables and teach young people to do gardening at home. This is also a way of dealing with malnutritional problems in the community.
The project participants will be involved in the following activities:
- Collecting compost, ash and organic waste from the village,
- Learning how to make organic fertilizer,
- Introduction to organic agriculture on the banks of a dam,
- Educating parents on the production of vegetables and organic food,
- Educating students on the production and consumption of mostly organic vegetables.
Project dates: September 20 - October 4, 2018
More info and enrollment: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-togo
Long-term volunteering in Togo: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-togo
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Sign up at: http://cadip.org
or give us a call:
USA: 310-882-7400; 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400
Canada: 604-628-7400; 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500