Co-Team Leader for University Outreach & Youth Group Fundraising
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Asante Africa Foundation
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
337 17th Street
The Co-Team Leader volunteer role is to assist with various efforts that the team is working on, under the direction and guidance of the Team Lead. The volunteer will support through correspondence with university contacts, tracking the progress of college level fundraising efforts that are underway, and helping to create and distribute materials the university teams need to be successful (e.g. Asante Africa photos and publicity materials, templates and guidelines from sample fundraisers). The Co-Team Leader will work with the team leader to research opportunities, maintain the relationship with fundraising groups at universities, and develop materials needed to support the program.
The University Outreach and Group Fundraising team will connect with philanthropy efforts at universities and colleges around the United States to engage them in selecting Asante Africa Foundation as the charity they choose to receive the money they raise.
This opportunity is ongoing and can be shared by more than one volunteer to support a particular university relationship.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with team lead to develop the strategy and plan contacts with Universities
- Maintain communication and tracking data for connections with Universities
- Communicate via email and phone with University contacts to keep the fundraising efforts going
- Update and distribute fundraising kit materials to contacts as needed
- An interest in learning about development work at a non-profit
- Extremely detail oriented, accurate, and organized
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Results oriented
- Flexibility to take on ad hoc projects as needed
- Proficiency in oral and written English Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Experience in leading community fundraising activities
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high-quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
- Proven track record of achieving result
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also need to:
▪ Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
▪ Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
▪ Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
▪ Have a strong work ethic, take the initiative, and require minimal direction
▪ Work well independently as well as part of a team
▪ Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
▪ Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa
▪ Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers
▪ Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
▪ Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented
▪ Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity.
The position is part-time with an expectation of 3-4 hours/week.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in volunteering at Asante Africa Foundation. Please forward us your latest Resume/CV at email@example.com and also complete an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application?
Looking forward to working with you for a noble cause!