Social Media Associate (LinkedIn)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Women's Global Leadership Initiative
Duration: 1 year
Schedule: 5-10 hours a week
How you’ll make an impact
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative is in need of a volunteer to create and maintain a strong LinkedIn presence of WGLI by taking care of WGLI LinkedIn Group and company page. This position will be the WGLI LinkedIn point of contact. The ideal candidate is a LinkedIn expert and will require no or minimal support for daily activities.
What you will do
- Keep WGLI LinkedIn pages current and up-to-date
- Keep up with WGLI events, changes, news and articles
- Respond to requests and queries and forward queries to respective WGLI volunteers
- Act as LinkedIn point-of-contact for WGLI
- Update the WGLI LinkedIn page and invite and accept members and/or followers as directed.
- Post relevant articles, updates and organizational events to drive web-traffic, increase group membership and acquire 'likes'.
- Research other women’s leadership blogs, websites, tweets, and other social media and report weekly in summary format, to the WGLI Marketing Committee.
- Find notable articles or facts related to women’s leadership on weekly basis and offer as links or excerpts on the WGLI LinkedIn site.
- Introduce and tag articles about women’s leadership as it relates to the mission and vision of WGLI (which is a pretty broad scope) for social media outlets.
- Coordinate with the Talent Management Associate to post open positions and schedule interviews.
- Continue to keep abreast of local and worldwide current events as they relate to the mission and vision of WGLI.
You have these skills
- Excellent writing skills and Social Media experience necessary
- LinkedIn experience
- Marketing and/or Digital Marketing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Time-management skills and self-motivator
- Passionate about social media and keeping up on current events
- Passionate about women’s leadership
About the Women’s Global Leadership Initiative
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative (WGLI) is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization, founded
in 2008. It is dedicated to unlocking the leadership potential of women of different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds who want to make a difference in their communities by realizing their full leadership potential.
WGLI’S mission is to build women leaders across the globe. Regardless of socio-economic conditions, WGLI will provide every woman with the opportunity to an education, the ability to invest in her future and the tools and knowledge to contribute to her community.