About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about School Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
School Group is looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional to volunteer as our Chief Marketing Director. This role will be a member of our leadership team and will be an essential team member as we look to grow our presence in the non-profit market to connect with more schools around the world. This position will require an average of 5-10 hours commitment per week but timing is flexible so work can be done around the volunteer’s other commitments. This team member will work closely with our CEO and other directors and will have an opportunity to bring on other volunteers to work with him/her as needed. This team member’s responsibilities will include:
- Public Relations for the organization and events as we are trying to connect with more schools in the U.S. and in other countries.
- Research and contact prospective schools that may have an interest in utilizing School Group's e-learning platform
- Content development and production of marketing pieces for prospective sponsors, schools, volunteers, and donors
- Content development and production of marketing communications
- Managing all forms of communications and PR as related to School Group as we try to grow the organization globally
- Participating in calls and initiatives related to marketing School Group
- Marketing and/or PR experience in a professional or non-profit environment
- Experience with web and digital communications
- Experience with social media
- Ability to design or shepherd appropriate resources to design both digital and print communications
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a grassroots team of volunteers to add to the success of School Group
- Team player that can work well in an all volunteer environment
- The ability to produce and edit video content is a plus but not required
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
In return, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference based on commitment and performance.
About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about school Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume and any work samples to email@example.com
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers